Why Institute’s Innovation Council?
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas while they are in formative years. MIC has envisioned creation of ‘Institute’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in these campuses.
IIC – Focus
Major Focus of IIC
1. To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
2. Start-up/ entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs
3. Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARRIA)
4.Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas
5. Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students
Functions of Institutes’s Innovation Council
1.To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
2. Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
3.Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
4.Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
5. Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
6. Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc with the involvement of industries.
Why HE/SHE should Join IICs Network?
1. No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
2. Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
3. Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
4. Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
5. Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
6. Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
7. Experimentation with new/latest technologies.
8. Visit new places and learn a new culture.
|1.||November 21,2018||Launch of Institute’s Innovation Council by Hon’ble Minister Shri. Prakash Javadekar, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India Presentation by students on 15 grassroots Innovators|
|2.||January 8,2019||India First Leadership Talk (Webinar Organized by MHRD’s Innovation Cell)|
|3.||January 10,2019||Facebook live session by MHRD Innovation Cell for workshop on "IPR for Students and Faculty Members"|
|4.||January 24,2019||India first leadership talk series Webinar organised by MHRD'S Innovation cell talk by Dr. Anand Deshpande|
|5.||February 2,2019*||Half day workshop on IPR for Students and faculty members|
|6.||February 9,2019*||Half day workshop on Cognitive Skills,Design Thinking and Critical thinking|
|7.||February 28,2019*||Idea and Innovation Competition Exhibition/Presentation of Food,Health,Energy and Agriculture ideas (Science Day)|
|8.||March 9-10,2019*||Annual Entrepreneurship summit,Renaissance 2019; Workshop on Business Plan Development|
|9.||March 30,2019*||Design Competition|
|10.||April 13,2019*||Boot Camp for Entrepreneurship Development.|
|11.||June 01-29,2019*||Innovation Competition Theme – i. Health Care ii. Agriculture & Rural Development 3 Short Team Project (One Month) 3 Long Term Project ( 2-6 Months) Activities: Visit Local Hospital / Village and Observe for two days Identify problem statement in Hospital / Village Create POC Implementation Minimum 3 students per Team|
|12.||July 01-31,2019*||Innovation Competition Theme – i. Energy ii. Environment 3 Short Team Project (One Month) 3 Long Term Project ( 2-6 Months) Activities: Visit Local field and Observe for two days Identify problem statement Create POC Implementation Minimum 3 students per Team|
|13.||August 01-31,2019*||Technical Expos (Health Care, Agriculture, Energy and Environment)|
|14.||September 02-14,2019*||Business Plan Competitions|
|16.||October 15,2019*||Exhibitions of all Success stories of all IICs in New Delhi|
|17.||November 11,2019*||Selected Best Projects will be Funded|
|* tentative Date|
Check our gallery from the recent events
|Senior Faculty Member of the Institution||President|| Prof. Anuj Jain
|Faculty Member||Convener|| Prof. Shivesh Sharma
|Faculty Member||Member|| Dr. Mayank Pandey
|IIC's Coordinator(Student)||Coordinator|| Mr. Anshuman Sabath