To be a provider of globally competitive, high quality technical human resource. To promote and significantly contribute towards development of technologies and innovation appropriate to sustainable economic growth and enrichment of quality of life.
To create managers who have the competence to operate efficiently at the domestic and global levels through their knowledge, skills and creativity, with personal integrity and social responsibility.
SMS was established in the year 1996, with a vision to be a provider of globally competitive, technically and managerially skilled corporate leaders for a vibrant India, and to enrich the lives of MBA aspirants for a better foothold in the corporate world. The affordable fee structure, numerous scholarships, the facility of a book bank enabling students to get all text books throughout their curriculum free of cost, etc. are few distinctive features aimed for assisting the students at every level.
Intake in MBA is of 90. Reservation policy of Government of India is applied for distribution of seats. Students get the advantage of dual specialization, out of Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Systems Management, Operations Management and International Business.
SMS also offers Ph.D. programmes on stipendiary and non-stipendiary basis for full time candidates. A number of candidates have been awarded Ph. D. degree and many more are engaged in research activities in the areas of Finance, Marketing, HRM, MIS and Strategic Management.
The faculty is highly qualified with international exposure and motivated to inculcate quest for perfection among the students. Short term Training/Management Development Programmes for industry and faculty are regularly organized on collaboration with MHRD and AICTE.
- Ranked 3rd among India’s Top 100 B-Schools in terms of RoI for 2015 by Outlook Drshti
- Awarded Outstanding Engineering Institute in the North in the National B-Schools Awards by ABP News in 2013
- Ranked 42nd among top 75 B-Schools of the country and 8th among the top 15 B-Schools in terms of return on investment by Outlook-MDRA Survey
- Careers 360 Survey 2011 had ranked SMS as 17th among 113 top B-Schools in the country
- Careers 360-2010 had ranked SMS 30th among the top 50 B-Schools in the country, and 6th among best B-Schools in North Zone.
- Outlook GFK-Mode Survey-2008 had ranked SMS 40th among the top 50 B-Schools in the country, and 2nd among NITs.